Monday, November 8, 2010

The tail of the missing drawer...

So, it has been a while since the last post..

The tail of the missing drawer....

We picked up this chest of drawers a while back and have been trying to figure out what we wanted to do with it. The top drawer was all messed up and missing a piece from one side.

At first we were just going to fix the drawer but today while my aunt was gone I got a bright idea... It involves a saw!!! Very dangerous!

What I decided to do was take the top off and then cut the broken drawer out to make it a 3 drawer dresser instead of 4! This was a lot easier than I had originally thought

So this is what it looks like with 3 drawers.
Next step was to sand it down and take the hardware off.

I started by painting it an espresso color and then just dry brushed on a blue.

Then dry brused a green...

It still needed something so I decided to sand it down to blend the colors in so it wasn't so noticeable.

All in all I think it came out pretty good. So good that my aunt didn't notice that it was the same dresser!
I would say that is a success!!!